- Keep your computer or tablet in a place where everyone can use it, go online with your child so you can see what they are doing on the internet.
- Remind them that everyone they meet online is a stranger even though they might seem like a friend
- Encourage your child never to meet up with someone they make friends with online.
- Be aware of cyberbullying. Be alert to your child seeming upset after using the internet or their mobile phone.
- Talk to your child so they know they can come to you. Your continued involvement is the best way of keeping your child safe.
- Make sure they know what content and behaviour is acceptable.
- Check that sites they access are age appropriate.
- Consider using parental/ security settings.
- Make sure they know they shouldn't give out personal information. That means full name, home or school address, telephone number or personal email or mobile number.
You can read our e-safety policy on our Statutory Information page here.
Useful links for e-safety
Online books on e-safety
Please refer to the documents downloadable below